SERIES: Learn a little water color while also learning a little Italian! Or practice your Italian conversation while painting with friends! Each lesson will include Italian words, glossary, and mini conversation in Italian. No Italian or painting experience is needed.
DATES: Every Saturday, November 9-23 (3 weeks)
LOCATION: We' ll meet in a garden in Honolulu, with also a covered space in case of sun or rain (E.g., behind Imin Center at UHM East-West Center). Locations will be announced via email to registered students.
- 1 or 2 soft pencils
- 1 soft eraser
- Watercolor paper (a few sheets medium size, 8"x 12"; 11" x 14; 12" x 18" more or less)
- Card board backing or clip board (to place you paper sheet on)
- 6 clothespins (to hold the paper sheet onto the card board)
- Kitchen paper roll
- 3 watercolors brushes (small, medium, and large)
- Empty glass jar ( 16 oz. size) to fill with water to rinse brushes
- Watercolors set of your choice (the better quality ones contain more pigment and offer brighter colors)
- Comfortable clothes and apron or easy wash clothes
- Sun screen, water to drink, hat.
Dr. Daniela Rocco Minerbi pursued classic studies (Liceo Classico Berchet), earned a Fifth Year Piano Diploma (Conservatorio Giuseppe Verdi), and obtained a Doctoral Degree in Architecture (Polytechnical University) in Milano, Italy. She taught Italian language and culture, painting in Italian, psychology, architecture, and peace studies at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa and Kapiolani Community College. Dr. Minerbi is the co-author of the book “Macrohistory and Macrohistorians: Perspectives on Individual, Social, and Civilizational Change” (Galtung et al., 1997). As an artist, she has won prizes and awards, and had art exhibitions in both Italy and Hawaii.
NOTE: At the same time and nearby location, we'll offer a children program so kids can have fun too while learning Italian! Check our website for further details.
NO REFUNDS: Except if FOISOH cannot deliver this program, for instance in the case of insufficient enrollment.
INFORMATION: For questions, please contact email@example.com.